Applications for 2022 have now closed.
The Accuro AGM, including election of directors, will be held on Thursday 08 December 2022.
The Board is made up of four directors elected from the membership and up to three coopted/appointed directors. There are two elected positions available in 2022. All Accuro members are eligible to stand for election. We encourage all members who have an interest in standing and who meet the Candidacy Criteria to put themselves forward.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 7 October 2022.
Note that this has been extended from the original date of Friday 16 September to ensure all members have the chance to apply.
The process for election of Directors has changed following the adoption of the amended Society Rules in December 2021. Under these amended Rules, the Board is authorised to form an Appointments Committee which:
- determines the Candidacy Criteria for Directors taking into account the current governance needs and strategic direction of the Society, its licencing and regulatory obligations, and the current skills mix on the Board;
- assesses nominations received against this criteria;
- finalises the list of candidates for the election vote.
Note that under this amended process applications do not automatically go forward to the election. Only candidates who meet the agreed Candidacy Criteria and are assessed as Fit and Proper by the Appointments Committee will be put forward.
The vote itself, if required, will take place at the Society AGM on Thursday 8 December 2022.
Full details can be found in the Rules of the Society.
The candidacy criteria
The Society is seeking diversity in terms of experiences, cultural backgrounds, age and gender. Specifically the Appointments Committee is seeking nominations from members who have:
- Relevant governance experience – with a particular interest in those who can demonstrate experience in governance of any of the following:
a) regulated financial services businesses (including but not limited to insurance)
b) mutual/cooperative structures
c) customer focused sales and marketing led businesses;
d) or those with aspirations to enter into governance roles and who have relevant senior management/executive experience in the areas noted above; and
- Domain/technical knowledge and experience in the healthcare or insurance sectors.
In addition, it would be valuable (but not essential) if candidates can point to experience in any of the following:
- IT/Tech/Cyber Resilience
- InsurTech/Digital Health
- Experience with Māori/Pasifika and Tikanga/Te Ao Māori
- Sales/Business Development/Marketing
Applicants must also meet the requirements of:
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 07 October 2022.
Please send nominations and any questions to email@example.com. The Appointments Committee will be meeting to review nominations by the end of September. Candidates will be notified of the outcome of the review and the subsequent fit and proper assessment by Friday 28 October.