Welcome to Accuro Health Insurance Society Limited (Accuro). We respect and are committed to protecting the privacy and personal information of all our members and users of this website and will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the privacy of your information. This statement explains how we collect and use information about you.
We ensure that our privacy practices comply with the Privacy Act 2020 and Health Information Privacy Code 2020 and industry best practice. In using our website, including in applying for a policy, you agree to the collection and use of your information in accordance with the Accuro Health Insurance privacy statement.
Information we collect
Some examples of personal information we may collect from you are:
- Information such as your name, contact details, date of birth and gender;
- Payment information such as your credit card and bank account number;
- Social contact information;
- Health information such as medical records;
- Claims information and information relating to any other insurance applied for or obtained or claims previously made by you; and
- Website information such your IP address and browser type.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as your GP or a hospital. We will only do this if you have been told first or where permitted by law.
How we use personal information collected
We will only disclose your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement, the Privacy Act 2020, or after notifying you at the time of collection. We may use personal information to:
- Identify you;
- Evaluate and assess your application for a policy and claim(s) under your policies;
- Provide on-going client service and information;
- Produce reports and summary data;
- Improve and better understand our business including our website;
- Manage a relationship with you, including contacting you about our products and services;
- Improving our range of products, services and promotions (including assessing trends and customer interests or preferences);
- Managing and monitoring our business risks;
- Recovering any unpaid debts or other monies owing;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- For any other matter related to any policy taken out by you.
While we treat any personal information as confidential, there may be some situations where we disclose information to third parties including trusted service providers for the above purposes and for reporting, summary or statistical purposes.
If you or any person covered by your policy with Accuro Health Insurance provide us with incomplete or inaccurate information we may decline your claim, void or cancel your policy as allowed by law.
Storage and security of your personal information
The intended recipient of the information is Accuro Health Insurance. That information is held in hard copy and/or electronically at Accuro Heath Insurance’s head office and/or with our trusted data storage providers. Personal information may also be stored in third party storage facilities and in cloud storage located inside and outside New Zealand.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against loss, unauthorised use, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure, and any other misuse.
We retain your personal information only for as long as it is required for lawful purposes. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information is securely destroyed when we no longer require it.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to the Privacy Act 2020, you are entitled to ask us to confirm whether we hold personal information about you or not. You are entitled to have access to that personal information. You are also entitled to ask us to correct any of your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate. You can request a copy of or ask us to correct your personal information by writing to us at email@example.com or Accuro Health Insurance, PO Box 10075, Wellington 6143.
Specific matters relating to your use of our website
Our website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. We do not control the linked websites and suggest you review the privacy policies those websites.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may update our privacy statement and recommend that you refer back to the Accuro Health Insurance website for changes.