Join Accuro and receive 5% off the life of your policy
Applies to SmartCare, SmartCare+ and SmartStay.
How to join Accuro
Find out why over 30,000 people have already joined Accuro
Being the biggest doesn’t always mean being the best. We believe that being the best means being able to respond quickly to our members’ needs and putting our customers at the heart of everything that we do. That’s what makes us a different choice and New Zealand’s best one.
- We’ve been independently recommended since 2008, as best for both quality and value for money.
- We have been independently rated as the best health insurer for customer satisfaction.
- We are the only health insurer in New Zealand offering Best Doctors to all members on a Hospital plan.
- We are not for profit which means that we are working for our members, not shareholders.
- We provide faster responses, like pre-approving claims within 48 hours.
- We only do health insurance. That's why we are experts at it.
- Being with Accuro Health Insurance means that you can choose your own specialist.
- You can complete your entire application online (including underwriting) and be issued with a policy instantly.
- We aren't Australian.
Find the best Accuro product for you
Transferring from Southern Cross
Our offer to Ruralco members
- 5% off the life of your policy
- Pay with your Ruralco Card
- Short application process until February 2020
We want to offer Ruralco Cardholders something special, so on top of the 5% discount for the life of your policy, if you transfer from your Southern Cross policy to an Accuro SmartCare or SmartCare+ policy before the end of February 2020, you may only need to complete a short application form. To see if this applies to you have a look at the Moving to Accuro from Southern Cross document below.
If you apply after February 2020, you will need to complete a full application and tell us about your medical history.
Should you stay with Southern Cross or move to Accuro?
We want to give you the option of moving to joining us at Accuro but the most important thing is that you make an informed choice for you and your family.
To help, we have put together a comparison of Southern Cross and Accuro health insurance products.
Please note that Accuro's Active Benefits are not listed in this comparison. You can read more about those here.
How do I transfer to Accuro?
Your age and the product you currently hold with Southern Cross will determine what the process is for you to transfer to us.
Check the Moving from Accuro to Southern Cross document below to see what you need to do to transfer.
Most people can signup online at this link here but some people will only need to complete a short form. If you have any questions, you can always call us on 0800 222 246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the following document to see your options to apply.
Fill in the form required from the list below and send back to email@example.com.
If you need to be fully underwritten, you can do this using the button below. It's entirely online and will take less than 15min.